Low Temperature Impact
Improved Chemical Resistance
Tested to GR49
UL 94 V-0 @ 3.0mm
NID BOX COVER
- Competitive material: PVC+ABS Alloy.
- Problem encountered: End-user’s market is located in the southwestern USA with high heat and desert temperatures.
- Requirement changed from 850C to 1000C, PVC/ABS failed.
- Other requirements: Low temperature Impact, weather resistance, UL746C (fl) rating, chemical resistance, compliant with Bellcore/Telcordia GR49.
- The customer was already using PTS TRISTAR® PC-10FR-GY339(V) and knew it had better chemical resistance than the LEXAN® 943 R.
- PTS developed a new product based on the TRISTAR® PC-10FR-GY339(V) that would also meet and even exceed all the requirements: TRISTAR® PC-10FR-GY(VIM).
- PTS offered on-site technical service and helped with tool design and modification.
- New requirements passed: Oxygen Index and Glow Wire.
- Same technology used for: Irrigation control box, FOSC dome, outdoor enclosures with other end-users, fiber tray (metal to plastic conversion).
- Global Availability and Competitive Market Economics: Trouble-free supply for manufacturing on any continent, with attractive competitive pricing from PTS.